View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #9
caya

No Pink, those foods are eaten on Passover (Pesach) which falls around the same time as Easter in the Spring.

Some of the traditional foods for Rosh Hashana (New Year) involve apples and honey, which signify the fall season and sweetness for the New Year. I make a huge apple cake with lots of cinammon and brown sugar, also honey cake. The challah bread is baked in a round "crown" shape to represent the circle of life.

My menu also consists of brisket with potatoes, roasted turkey, sweet and sour meatballs, gefilte fish loaf (this is chopped whitefish, mixed with fried onions, carrots, eggs and matzo meal - ground matzo), stuffing, noodle kugel - Becky, I'll save some for you- plus the mandatory chicken soup with kreplach - little meat filled dumplings and also matzo balls, which are usually served at Passover, but my group likes them all year around. Coleslaw, stirfried veggies round out the dinner.
Apple and honey cake for dessert, fresh fruit, nuts and chocolates.

I'm sure others can chime in with what they serve for Rosh Hashana dinner.
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote