View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #24
fauxgypsy

I found out that my dermatologist from years ago would take medicaid under some circumstances and they fit me in today. He is wonderful. He believes I am having one of the rashes from the Arimidex and I am going to change the time of day I take it and see if the onset of the itching changes. The one that is being controlled by medication appears to be viral. And the other is a type of eczema. I feel better now that I have seen him.
I appreciate the advice from all of you. I always hate to ask because it seems like my problems are so small compared to what so many of you have gone through. I am sure we have all felt like Sarah does. I know I do. I know that b****ing does fix anything but it helps me to know that I am not the only who thinks our system is all screwed up. I will look into everything that was suggested and see what I can work out.

I did find out that this is the last week for my onc's assistant and I am happy about that. She has been really difficult to deal with and I am hoping that her replacement will much easier to deal with. In the meantime I talked with the head nurse there and she was very helpful.
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote