Thread: Bummed
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #22
pattyz

Barb,

I sure wish you'd be referred for an MRi/spec or (help someone!!) what it is called. It will show active vs. necrotic tumor.

I would want to know this for a fact ie: either it is or is not, before I agreed to any kind of tx option.

I can't imagine that a third focalized rad tx would even be in your best interest as it is all cumulative...

There are other options you might try first, if you are not suffering symptoms, or if the tumor is not in an immediately life threatening spot. Should it be first determined that this is an active brain met.

Again, I have had 'good luck' with Temodar in combination w/ Xeloda for over three yrs, so far.

This is 'old news' by four yrs. presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. There has been more recent data, but can't put my finger on it:

Conclusions:
The combination of C (Xeloda) and T(Temodar) seems to be active and well tolerated for the treatment of brain
metastases from breast carcinoma. Further studies should include the evaluation of this combination with radiation and as adjuvant therapy in those pts who are at high risk of developing brain metastases.

Wednesday, December 8, 2004 4:30 PM

And here is just a snip from one of Emmay's posts re: her sister's brain mets tx's:

"....but the neuro-oncologist is seeing some very early encouraging results with Sorafenib/Temodar combo. She said they are "radiation sensitizers", so she would like my sister to start the protocol(if she choses it) before her next CyberKnife treatment...."

Please... since you are not crazy and don't want to 'give up'... talk to several very knowledgeable neuro/breast/brain mets people... ok??

hugs if you need them xoxoxoxox
pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote