View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
kristen8594

tamoxifen then femara

Hello, I have been a member for a while but do not post much. I have learned so much just from reading all the post, its such a wealth of information.
I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. I have been on tamoxifen for 5 years, I am 47 years old. I haven't had a period in almost 2 years and even then not much of one for the last 5 years. My oncologist wants me to wait three months to be sure I don't get my period back after ending with tamoxifen and before beginning femara. My doc says that because of the 5 years on tamox she wants to be sure I am post meno ( the blood test showed meno but tamox can through things off) before starting the femera. I am worried about two things. One....not being on anything and two...side effects for femera. Also if I should get my period back where does that leave me??
Any information anybody can give me on their experiences would be very helpful. I am glad I have the option to be starting a new drug, but am fearful at the same time. Should I be worried about not being on anything for three months? Does anybody have any helpful information on side effects?
Thanks for all your help!
Kristen
kristen8594 is offline   Reply With Quote