View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
tdonnelly

Serious Heart Palpilations

Hi Her2 Friends,

On Sunday 9/14 while walking my heart began racing out of control, I could feel the force of blood trying to circulate; at the same time I could not breathe for about several minutes. I was having a heart attack or close to it-my focus was to keep on walking which I did. I had to stop and cross our busy intersection to reach the gas attendent to call for 911 assistance. I spent 6 hours in my ER while the doctors tried to piece together what had happened. My bp was over 170/90 which is high for me, I generally have low pressure. The ER staff wanted to admit me but I wanted to come home while they are continuing complete heart evaluation on an out-patient basis. I now have a cardiologist on my medical team. Guys I just finished my 17 Herceptin on 8/28. Does this disease just keep going, do we ever get a break? I am at home taking it a day at a time. I have to have an Ultrasound of the Heart and wear a Heart Monitor. Adriamiacin is know to also cause heart problems that I am experiencing. My Heart Rhythm is off. Sorry so long but wanted to share medical details for any other HER2+ experiencing same. Take Care all. Will post any new details. Forever strong by our HER2+ circle. Please keep my Aunt in our circle of prayers, she was readmitted Monday-very serious complications (Taxol/Avastin) involving her heart, liver and stubborn tumor that just wont shrink. I dont know why her Oncologist has never considered Radiation for her Lymph Gland tumor and liver lesions. Her doctors protocol only encompasses more experiemental chemo combinations.
Tamara
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma 10/2006 HER2+

Last Wednesday I started coming down with a viral or bacteria infection: low grade fever, sore throat and bad cough now for a week now and continue to have a hard time breathing when doing any exertion.
tdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote