View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
BonnieR

Welcome. I hope you get some resolution to your concerns here. There WAS alot of "doom and gloom" about HER2+ before Herceptin came along. You can see by my signature that we have similar situations, as far as I can tell from what you have told us. Anyway, I agonized about what treatment to do. I was in a "grey area" and full of fear and trepidation.I got 3 opinions, all different! But by talking to more than one doctor, visiting sites like this one and becoming educated about my choices, I got clarity. There are alot of resources you can use. The American Cancer Society, for instance, talked to me about my options too. And a social worker said to me "if it was a loved one trying to make this choice, what would you want them to do?" I chose to do chemo and Herceptin. Like Sherry said, I would have hated the "woulda, coulda, shoulda". There were some bad days but the worst was the anticipation and dread. Once I made the decision, it was just a matter of getting through it and coming out on the other side. Which we DO!
So do your research, write your questions for the doctors, have someone with you to help hear the answers and make an informed decision. Everyone here will help you. Keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote