View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
Mary Jo

Welcoming you Gamma Lu with open arms and a heart that cares.

I was NOT diagnosed at Stage 1 but was diagnosed at stage 2 with 1 node positive. I am currently at 3 years as a survivor and feeling wonderful. Yes Gamma Lu, we all have heard the doom and gloom but we are here to tell you that HOPE is alive and thanks be to God for herceptin. It is a miracle drug for sure.

Chemo scared the bageebees out of me too. Oh my gosh...I tried every tactic I could to get out of it (what was I thinking being a stage 2 with a 4 cm tumor and 1 node thinking I shouldn't do chemo - obvioulsy I wasn't and naturally was not educated AT ALL in breast cancer much less her2 breast cancer) Chemo was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be and the best word I can think of to describe it is "doable." I think many here would tell you the same. As far as herceptin goes, well, that was a walk in the park for me and it is for most of us. Herceptin is definitely a must....it makes all the difference in a her2 positive breast cancer .. for most of us.

So Gammu Lu.........here's a hug and a smile. Please know that we are here for you. We truly do care and I am here to tell you that you can do this and I'm sure you will do very well in treatment.

Asking God to give you His strength to sustain you and His peace to calm you.

Love,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06