View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group

Red face her2 serum test

Hi Leesun
The HER2 serum test has been FDA approved for metastatic breast cancer for the past few years. I feel it is a great monitor test that for her2neu overexpreassers. With a simple blood draw, the laB,Quest) has the assay test that was formulated by Bayer.
It is a very sensitive test that can show if your here2 cancer cells are progressing or decreasing. A baseline test comes first, then every 2-3 months to see if your chemo has worked or to see if they are progressing. Iam no longer taking herceptin and will be monitor any progression withis test. It has been on target forme over the past 2years. Normal goes fom 4 to 15. My average with hrceptin was arround 5 to 7. my recent test results w/o herceptin is 7.8. Iam having this test every 2-3 months as planned. I also take Cea tumor marker test that helped me in 1999 DX my relapse.
Ask your onc if he is intersted in this test for her2 cancer patients. Ifind it to work for me, while other tm tests sre and invalid, except for the cea tm test that has been my backup. Sending you well wishes, Hugs Christine
HER2 3+++, er- pr-
AC, Taxol, Herceptin, Gamma Knife (3 treatments) WBR
NED July 2001
December 2001 - Founded HER2 Support Group

Last edited by Christine; 09-10-2008 at 12:34 PM..
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote