View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
Soccermom2006

Smile

THX all! I appreciate it.
Alaska, thank you! I am on the screen for about 10 seconds and making jokes about "selling my Playboy Bunny costume to pay for chemo" ...irony is the Hefner Foundation funded the film and when Christy Hefner saw that part she chuckled quite loudly,or so I am told!

Kimberly,
There is a great book out there that I highly recommend for your daughter the title is "Pretty is What Changes". It is about the distinctively different decisions young "previvors" are faced with. I had the pleasure of meeting the author,Jessica Queller(who is BRCA+ & writer for Gossip Girl,One treeHill etc)and she is a wonderful role model for her generation.
Another book you might relate to is "Apron Strings...Inheriting Courage , Wisdom and Breast Cancer " by Diane Tropea Greene.
Kim ,FORCE has "dedicated" message threads specifically for the younger BRCA+ ladies, your DD might appreciate being able to communicate with others her age...
With the recent on air admission that she is BRCA+, Christina Applegate (Samantha WHO?) has taken away much of the taboo/fears of testing /being BRCA...at least I pray so.

Hugs,Marcia
Soccermom2006 is offline   Reply With Quote