View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
TriciaV

Question Anyone have the double tram flap recon surgery?

Hello everyone,

I was just curious if there was anyone on the boards that has had the double tram flap reconstruction surgery that would be willing to talk with me a little about their experiance? I had the surgery on February 18, 2008 and I am having some issues with my abdominal area.... like a hardness, very full, very uncomfortable feeling in the area that falls just below my breasts to about my belly button. The area from my belly button and below is very flat and has no issues other than it has no feeling due to surgery. The best way that I can describe the feeling is when I was pregnant and I felt like my stomach was hard and could just unstrap it and sit it aside. I have talked with my plastic surgeon and he thought (after seeing the distended area himself) that I had a hernia, but MRI/CT scans showed everything in that regards was fine. It did however show that I had a very enlarged liver, but all my liver function tests are normal. My oncologist says the liver is in larged due to the Tamoxofin and since all the tests are fine no need in stopping the med. Anyway I just wanted to talk with someone about the surgery.

Thanks----> Tricia V.
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote