View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 AM   #6
Hopeful

R.B.,

I was a "chunky" child, not obese but different enough to be the object of childhood bullying by my skinny peers. At age 11, I reached my full height of 5'3" and weighed 136 pounds. My mother was overprotective and actually PREVENTED me from exercising (i.e., running, swimming, anything where she thought I could fall down and become injured) from the time I was a small child, and there was a lot of junk food consumed in the house. While mom had I agree Omega 6 may be a part of this.

However, I am a child of the '50's (born in '53) and we also ate a lot of meat that had been fed antibiotics and other hormonal growth inducers, as we have seen chronicled on these forums. I am equally certain that played a part, too.

There is no way to ever figure out what did what, but I am seeing a picture emerge here that is a combination of childhood exposures and adult choices that make up the profile. Maybe someday there will be a science of "cancer forensics" that will enable us all to trace back our biological changes in time and identify our specific villians. Until then, all we can do is take care of ourselves and put out cautionary information for those who follow us.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote