View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
JustwannaBE

Hi ya'll: I will give you some background...I was on taxol/herceptin until January of 2008.Then I was only on herceptin until April, when they found a tumor in my liver. I had a liver resection done and then started herceptin again in late May. I guess in June, I started taking Tykerb with herceptin. And from the first day of tykerb I had the diaherrea and tried taking immodium, but I couldn't live like that for a year, along with all other awful side effects. No, I did not take anything that had grapefruit in it either. Also, a week after I started tykerb, I started Avastin. So, I was on Herceptin (which I did great on alone), Tykerb (which gave me all those problems) and Avastin. I quit taking the tykerb and all my problems disappeared. I am now on Herceptin and Avastin, at least until my next pet scan, which will be within the next few weeks. I cannot take Xeloda as I am not er/per +. I am doing very well with Herceptin and Avastin. Right now, I am not so concerned as my CTC blood test shows 0, and the her2 new serum test shows 6 (which is in the normal range). I think I am very lucky right now. Also, my tumor markers were and still are all in normal range - go figure.
JustwannaBE is offline   Reply With Quote