View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #15
Melissa

Yes when I was first dx I was told with my two 3+ results, one from biopsy and one from surgery, that a fish was not needed. I did receive Herceptin but I later learned that all her2's need the fish test.
I honestly wonder if all onc stay updated. There were times I felt like I was informing my onc about new information. Treatment in cancer is changing so rapidly, not just BC, that I think the onc should specialize in a smaller number of cancers. Maybe this is not cost effective for them, not sure. My onc was a general onc and he treated people with HUNDREDS of different cancers but he did come highly recommeded by my surgeon and several others in the medical community. And I must say he never turned me down for any test or information I needed. I was the first to ask and have the tamoxifin resistence test and since he's tested several others. Seveal onc have never heard of the serum test. Even if an onc does not make it a practice to use a test I believe they should know about it. Proof that one should stay well informed about their condition/treatment.

04/06, (42), 2cm tumor, 7/13 nodes, one positive node under clavicle
mastectomy/reconstruction
grade 3, stage lllb, er-65+, pr-90+, her2+++(80%)
4/AC, 12wks TH then 6wks rads
40 wks herceptin, and tamoxifen.
onc test tamoxifen resistance = poor metabilizer
04/07 ooph & on arimidex
08/07 completed herceptin

04/2022 - 16 year survivor!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote