View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
JustwannaBE

Hi Goops.
I was on Herceptin and did very well with that for about 6 months until they introduced Tykerb into the mix. I was VERY fatigued, as well as broke out in zits, had the shits every day I took tykerb. I was only taking 4 pills a day. After about 6 weeks I told the onc I couldn't handle it anymore and I have been off of it for 4 weeks now, and I have never felt better. I lost a lot of weight because of it as well, and I couldn't eat spicy foods or soda. My taste buds changed and I wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat. I didn't realize how tired it made me feel until I quit taking it. I am so energized now and feel better than I have since my diagnosis in May of 2007. Oh, and another thing, I realized after I quit taking it, that it interferred with my concentration at work. Now I don't feel confused about what I am doing and I don't feel 2nd guessed at my decisions or what I have done. My onc also said I looked the best I have looked since he started seeing me. I may never go back on it, it all depends, but I told him I did not like it at all. It was a horrible, horrible drug for me, and I know, everyone reacts differently to these drugs, but I hate that drug and never want to go back on it again. Good luck with you ! Keep me updated.
JustwannaBE is offline   Reply With Quote