View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
swimangel72

I switched oncologists after getting a feeling that mine was telling me white lies to reduce my "anxiety". (This concerned my Onocotype DX score - he originally told me it was "low".......two weeks later, after finding out I was Her2+ he said my score was "intermediate". I had to press the nurse to get the actual number myself.) My old onc had a very kind bedside manner but his office staff were overworked and his head nurse belittled and insulted me on two separate occasions. Also she didn't follow the doctor's instructions (with regard to getting my liver enzymes done ever two weeks) - that coupled with the long drive to their office convinced me to find another oncologist closer to home. I made the switch and have been very happy with everyone - the new onc is a quieter man and seems to be lacking some of the bedside manner, but he's extremely thorough, ordering tests for me that the other onc never did - also the nurses are angels - and their office is only 2 miles down the road which certainly saves on gas considering the fact that I'll be going there every two weeks until next April.

Mentally I told myself I was "switching" oncs.........but when I said goodbye to the old onc, he acted insulted - so he probably knew the truth, that I was "firing" him, lol!
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote