Thread: wrong DX
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
jenmai

wrong DX

Hi,
I joined this group a few weeks ago and this is my first post. When I joined I was Her2 pos. Since then I was comparing notes with a friend who is Her2 pos and same meds etc... Then I had another look at my pathology reports and noticed a summary of my fish test and it said her2 negative. I brought this up with and breast nurse and said would check with my oncologist as I was on 3 weekly appointments and hadn't heard anything back I thought it must have been a typo on the summary page of my pathology reports. Then last Tuesday the oncologist phoned and apologized that I was right and I am her2 negative. She said the surgeon, herself (oncologist) and the (Australian) Government Health Dept. (herceptin is on the free medical here) had all misread my results. I am seeing the oncologist tomorrow. On Friday I was DX with clinical depression ontop of everything else. I have been having herceptin and taxoil weekly and into my 7 week. I had AC 3 weekly @ 4 as my first chemo. I was really well on AC but since having herceptin and taxoil I have been very unwell. Has anyone on this group been given herceptin when they shouldn't have it. I am just concerned what effect it my have on me.
Jenmai
jenmai is offline   Reply With Quote