View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #30
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink You Are Never Alone...

LAURA: When I start to feel "negative" it does me good to accept those feelings, look at my vision board and let go of those feelings. I don't try to "fight" my feelings, I try to feel them, accept them and let go. Some days, especially since I'm in cancer treatments, it is a little hard to let go of some feelings... but my vision board does help me refocus and smile

YES LAURA, THE SUFFERING COMES WHEN WE STRUGGLE. WHEN WE STOP RESISTING AND -- MOVE ON -- AND AWAY, WE BECOME IN CHARGE. AWFUL THOUGHTS AND THE NATURAL FEELINGS THEY COME WITH ARE THE WORDS OF THE VOICE IN OUR HEAD, WHICH REPRESENTS OUR RESERVOIR OF RAGE (OR OUR WOUNDED, PRIMITIVE SELF THAT REMEMBERS EVERYTHING AS IF IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY AND IS STILL MAD AS HECK). YOUR SPIRIT, TRUE SELF OR HIGHER SELF CAN BRING YOU TO FEELING CENTERED, GROUNDED, IN HARMONY.

I LOVE THIS ONE -- MAYBE YOU CAN PUT IT ON YOUR VISION BOARD -- YOU CAN CHOOSE PEACE RATHER THAN THIS. WHEN I AM FEELING OVERWHELMED OR LOW, ANXIOUS AND MISERABLE -- THIS PHRASE HELPS ME. I HAVE IT PRINTED IN PURPLE ON A BLUE 3 X 5 CARD, IN A GLASS CUBE FRAME, BY MY BED.

ANOTHER ONE LIKE THIS IS -- BE STILL. AND KNOW THAT I AM. IT REMINDS ME THAT I AM NEVER ALONE. MY SPIRIT PROTECTS AND GUIDES ME, NURTURES AND INSPIRES ME, REVEALS SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE TO ME. AND GOD AND THE UNIVERSE ARE ALWAYS LISTENING...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote