Thread: Scan question
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Colleen007

Like DonnaD, I asked my oncologist for a copy of the report after my first scan and now she automatically gives me a printed copy of the report after every scan. I recently (June) went to Dana-Farber in Boston for another opinion and went through the process of rounding up all of my scans on CD so that I could bring them to my consultation (I set everything up in a binder with the CD's in a sleeve with the report that went along with the pictures). My hospital provides the CD for free, so going forward, I will ask for the CD so I can keep my binder up to date for the next time I go elsewhere for another opinion.

As for bloodwork, my oncologist shows us the report every time I go for chemo (which my husband then logs in our notebook) and if tumor markers are done, we always get those results as well (actual numbers).

You do have a right to see everything...but, as BonnieR said, it is important to have someone (like your doctor or one of the nurses) help you interpret things so you don't get worried for nothing over something you may not understand.

Good Luck!
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote