Thread: Lymphoedema?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
dede10

Lymphoedema?

I am so not sure what in the world is going on. Dx'd stage 4, 5 yrs ago, and have been moving along, since....and although its not been any fun, I have to keep going.

On April 29th, I had surgery to remove what we though were 2 lymph nodes under my (L) arm, it turned out to be 2 cancerous masses, entailing several lymph nodes. Not even really sure how many????

I left the hospital, came home, and on May 1st, was rushed back to the hospital. By the time I got there, 02 sats were down to 56, my kidneys were shutting down, and something was really wrong. As it turned out, I had pneumonia in my (R) lower lobe & middle lobe. I had internal bleeding under my (L) arm area.

I had 2 units of blood, was on 02 @ 4L, had to go back in to repair the bleeding....5 days later, out of the hospital.

Now, well, it started last week, I am having some underarm swelling, but at times, my (L) breast feels almost engorged! My arm hurts, my breast, ulnar nerve sees to be complaining..... I am now on ABT, and pain meds, but I am literally in some pain. The pain pills help for awhile.... but this wakes me up in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this sound like lymphoedema? My fingers are not swollen, but my (L) last 3 fingers have a really numb feeling, under my arm, and part of my breast also are numb, Sometimes the pain goes to my back.

OK, now that I feel I'm falling apart :cry:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Dum spiro spero
(Latin: while I breathe I hope)
dede10 is offline   Reply With Quote