Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #165
dhealey

This has be a wonderful thread. Great idea getting know everyone this way.

I will be 54 in Sept. and have been married to my high school sweeheart for 35 years. I have been a nurse in various family practices for 25 years. Been with the current doctor for 8 years. My husband and I bought our last house "ever" 2 months before my diagnosis. I have continued to work through all my treatments and Monday started in the Phase II trial for breast cancer vaccine. I have 3 children, Jenny 35, Hannah 23 (recently married) and the baby Ross 21 ( still in college and thinks he is in love), also have to grandchildren Tate 6 and Pierce 5. My hobbies are race walking, reading, sewing, gardening, quilting (I am presently working on a quilt made out of wedding dresses for the Making Memories for Terminal Breast Cancer patients. The quilt will be auctioned off with several others and they use the proceeds to make wishes come true for terminal breast cancer patients. Kinda like the make a wish foundation. Breast cancer has made me face my worst fears head on and live each day as it were my last. I am currently working on getting all the junk out of my life. It has also brought my husband and I so much closer.

I want to thank all of you on this site, you have all been such an inspriration during my journey with cancer. You all Rock!
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote