View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Scans show PET activity in left ovary

I was told that my recent PET scans were clear. I had my meeting with my doctor today and after reading the Radiologist report..there seems to be something in my left ovary..it had a PET SUV of 7.3 (moderate). The report states" The left ovary measures 3.2 x 2.3 cm. It shows some septations within it, suggesting a complex cystic appearance. No seperate left ovary is seen. No iliac or inguinal lymphadenopathy"..My oncologist said that it is rare for breast cancer to metasticise to ovaries and that this is a seperate issue. He said he thinks it could be just a cyst but got me an appointment with my GYN for monday to follow through on checking it out. Do any of you know or have any experience of Ovarian cancer after having breast cancer. I am HER2++ , ER-, PR-. I am kicking myself in the butt for not going ahead and having a hysterectomy within the last 2 years, believe me, I had thought about it. On my PET scan of 6 months ago, this was not there...any thoughts..sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote