View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #15
mthomp2020

First post here. I had my 4th MUGA a week ago. My first one was 67, then 65, 64, and this last one was 54, so a big drop in 3 months. I've noticed I've put back on some weight (I deliberately lost some weight - not chemo induced loss), and my blood pressure was very high when I had my Herceptin/Zometa tx today. We're doing another scan in 6 weeks and see what happens. I'll have been on Herceptin a year in September, with no side affects at all. I'm stage IV, so I've been enjoying only doing the Herceptin and Zometa rather then chemo - I'd like to keep doing that for a while longer.

Interesting what someone said about the timing of the MUGA scan, and how maybe stress can effect it. I was stuck 3 times to inject the binding agent, as the 1st 2 infiltrated, and twice for the isotope, the first of which infiltrated. I was just a little bit stressed after that one, to say the least! I was worried about them ruining the veins in my good arm/hand. Perhaps it was a contributing factor? Who knows. Just hoping my next scan isn't lower.

I've been a bit slack about exercise and diet for some reason this summer, so it's time to get motivating again, I guess.
mthomp2020 is offline   Reply With Quote