View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #13
Unregistered

Scores can be a bit jumpy

Hi:

I read your post as someone who has had a slew of MUGA's/Echocardiograms since diagnosis back in 2002. Back in '02 my doctors never did a baseline MUGA. So I'll always wonder about that issue.

Anyway, my scores of late haven't been the best. Going back a year or so my score was 51. That didn't sound promising. Then my doctor began scheduling echos every six months and naturally, continued me on Herceptin. Next echo was approx. 56! Tired as can be but test score is showing improvement. I am beginning to feel a bit puzzled.

Friday I had another echocardiogram. Was feeling quite tired from a hectic morning so decided not to chat with the tech, just to lay down and attempt to rest. Scored in the high 60s! I'm sure this will amaze my oncologist.

All I can suppose is that the heart is very sensitive to outside stimuli. Maybe we should all try and relax as much as possible when getting these tests (assuming, of course, that you want to continue on Herceptin). I suppose if I wanted off I could just say so, but I feel like that would be like pulling the plug on my life support system.

Start Tykerb soon due to treated brain metastasis.

ML