View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
naturaleigh

About my signature

That is my buddy, Boone. I found him in 2005 when I went to take my nephew to pick strawberries. I went late in the evening and got to the strawberry field just as they were closing. Since my nephew had never been to a strawberry patch I asked permission to just go and walk around for a minute. As we were heading to the fields I saw these two children picking up the precious puppy, taking turns throwing him on the ground and then falling on top of him. After the child got off the puppy, the puppy would sit up with its tongue hanging out and panting heavily. I asked the mother who's puppy it was and she replied that "someone had abandonded the #&#$ thing and it needed to keep away from her strawberries". I went to the owner of the field and he told me that someone is going around poisoning dogs so hopefully that is what will happened to this one too.

As you can see, I snagged him up and he is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. He is the one that makes sure I get a daily walk and does not complain that is it shorter than before I was diagnosed. Whoever abandoned this precious dog has no idea what they had. The saddest part is, whoever did abandon him will never know the pleasures and rewards that a dog brings into ones life. He is the best, smartest and most loyal dog I have ever had the pleasure of living with. I know the Lord was watching out for the both of us, he is the reason I keep going.

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!
naturaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote