View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Becky

In alittle more than 2 months, I will be 4 yrs out. In Sept (when I am at 4 yrs) I will see my onc for the last every 4 month appointment and will move to every 6 months. I asked if at 5 yrs if I would move to once a year but he said "we'll see". I get a digital mammo every year (I still have both breasts) but want to also start getting a Dilon or MRI at the opposite 6 months. My onc does the tumor marker and blood work every time but I get a copy too and review it with him (I go to the cancer center a week before my appointment for blood work). My onc is the best but anyone can forget to look so I make a point to look myself. However, any test or bloodwork done by others I have a copy sent to my onc. He always, always emails me to say they are normal or what things mean (even if I already know). I am also carefully watched by my PCP and radiation onc who both see me every 6 months (opposite of each other). I see my surgeon once a year. I call them Mr. March, Ms June, Mr September and Mr December. I see my gyn in July but they don't care and I am looking for a new practice. The more people you get involved with your care, the more you are cared about.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote