Thread: I'm Home
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #12
Mary Jo

Oh Harrie, I never would have thought to bring the "odor" thing up but this is when it's nice to compare notes with someone else. Yes, I did and still do have that "funny smell." It's way better now and don't smell it as often but still do. It must be a healing thing - what's going on in our body - drugs (which I'm not on anymore) old blood - tubes - etc. (Sorry to gross you out - wheeewww)

Hey how long did you have drain tubes in? I had 6. Have only 5 now and have to go to the doc this morning and am rootin' on 1 or 2 being pulled today. Oh I excited to am to have them all gone. I've heard the abdominal ones hang on the longest and have heard of some women who have had them like 5 or 6 weeks. That will NOT be me. Hahahahahaha! Time will tell I suppose. One more thing................I can't wait to get back to my exercise routine. Of course I know it will be awhile but would you say 4 weeks is when you can get start getting somewhat physical? Of course I know this all has to go through my doc but just wondering how things worked for you. It all seems pretty standard.

Oh well.....thanks Harrie.........

Love you...

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads