Thread: I'm Home
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
harrie

HI MaryJo!
Thanks for the update! Sorry I missed you (and everyone) on chat tonight. I logged on too late.
You did really well with those pain meds. Some DIEP pts continue the IV drip of the heavy duty stuff the entire time they are in the hospital and and some have to be prodded out of bed!...but YOU...Lady Superwoman...did outstanding! Good for you! I didn't do well with the narcotics either. I think it was what kept up at night.
Are you sleeping in your recliner at night or are you able to sleep in bed with the pillow props? My friend lived in her recliner for the first wk or so.
Those drainage tubes that look like dangling balls of fruit punch are a hassle. When the last one is finally gone you feel so much freerer.
AND...I remember that very first shower in the hospital. I tell you, after that shower I felt 100% better and more alert and refreshed.
Did you notice this different kind of odor from your body? (And I am NOT talking body odor from no shower either..LOL!) During that time in the hospital I could smell this faint funny odor and I think it was coming from my pores from all the meds and my hunch is that it was due to being under anesthesia all those hrs.
Was really wierd.
Harriecanarie

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote