View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #19
Monica

Hi,
I have had a lot of problems with lung nodules coming and going. They found a nodule about 7 months ago. Had another cat scan 3 months later and it had disappeared, but then another one showed up. So, 3 months later I had another cat scan, and that one was gone but this time another larger one showed up which was 1.3 cm which is relatively big. It also looked very suspicious, and my doctors were worried. So, I went through a VATS procedure and it turned out to be only some sort of undefined infection. Other than a cold (with no fever) I had been health throughout this period. So to be honest, my feeling at this point is I don't want to get any more CAT scans.

More importantly, the one thing that I have learned is that a lot of nodules that look suspicious are often benign. In addition, from what I understand there is a stronger argument to take it out, if it is a solitary nodule. If there is more than one nodule, I think a wait and see is more common.

I know the waiting and not knowing is terrible. For me, I just wanted to know - whatever the answer was.

Best,
Monica

Dx Nov 2003 HER2+++, ER+, PR+
1.7 cm. left breast, Grade 3, Two nodes out of six, stage IIA
Mastectomy right side
Lumpectomy left side
4 A/C, 4 Taxol plus 49 weeks herceptin
Radiation on left side
No tamoxifen or other hormonal drugs
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote