View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #26
Terri B

Location: me & my three HANDSOME grandsons!!Jacksonville, Arkansas
Talking

OH but I have been re-juvenated!!!

Showed up for treatment yesterday morning, stepped on the scale, and LOST 8 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo hoo! It CAN be done!! Mind you, this was ME concentrating on my diet and not letting my STOMACH tell my MOUTH what to do!!

I feel really really good about this. I have to keep my attitude positive and this kinda stuff helps.. YOU guys help.. BASEBALL helps!! I LOVE baseball fans-- no matter WHO their team is!

Infinite wisdom her2supportgurus: what does it mean when i'm almost done with my treatment, (2nd time around, no problems the first time) and my ears start itching deep on the inside (that makes you wiggle your finger in there and make pig noises to scratch it). THEN, my ears started popping like i was going up in an airplane. Then, my chest felt a little tight when taking a deep breath. then a few little hives broke out on my face.
The nurses were baffled because i was fine the week before, and they said usually a reaction happens right away. They watched me for 1/2 hour then sent me home. I took a benedryl and i was fine. Yes, i had benedryl prior to herceptin/taxol. Go figure.

I did find out what it means to be "extra" sensitive to the sun. I made an "effort" to stay out of the sun on sunday, but i still looked like i had been in the sun for hours with no sunscreen. It was WEIRD. maybe this reaction was a result of that. Any ideas?? Oh, and i'm not an "allergic" type of person. :-D

Swimmee, Thanks for that. I believe you do understand.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pic, guys seriously. I will be working hard to keep my sense of humor and hotness throughout this whole ordeal.

GO YANKEES (even though they are in next to last place)!
1.5 cm & .6 cm grade III, Stage IIA
es/pr- Her2+++, 9/9 richardson
Double Mast w/expanders 4-14-08
3/9 nodes positive.
additional excision rt breast 4-25-08
weekly T/H x 12 (6-2-08) Done!
FEC x4 (9-8-08) Last one 11-10-08!
Herceptin complete 8/10/09!!
33 RADS DONE 2/13/09!
rt. breast biopsy 3/20/09 .. B9!!
reconstruction complete!
DEEEEEEported on 5/19/10!!