View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
madubois63

As an update to me...I have an extreme iron over load in my liver because of sooooo many blood transfusions. There is also a little bit of graft versus host disease (which actually may be fighting the breast cancer in my lung). I had my second phlebotomy treatment today. They took five units of blood again and gave me a shot of epogen. My blood counts were actually better than last week so I was able to give the blood. They always check first before taking blood. My liver functions are better than last week too. I am on heavy steroids and getting a lot done, but they just lowered my night time dose, so maybe I can sleep a little. I have chipmunk cheeks already, have eaten every thing in the house but have somehow managed to not gain any weight??? I shake a lot, my eyes are blurry and my sugar is way high. I am back on the diabetes meds again. This was all expected. My bathroom will be completely finished tomorrow. I've spackled, sanded, painted trim, changed racks, changed shower curtains and plan on doing the last coat tomorrow (steroids are wonderful). My color is almost back to normal and I got a great hair cut. Everyone says I look great, but my heart is broken over my dear friend. On the other had, I am going to brag a little again. My daughter's awards were for Outstanding achievement in Art & Mural and Highest average in Regents chemistry. She was inducted in to the National Honor Society, the National French Honor Society and the National Art Society. I have been so blessed in so many ways and thank you all for all the support and love you always seems to give so lovingly and freely. I pray for everyone's achievements and my heart breaks at every relapse and set back. Love to you all....
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery

Last edited by madubois63; 06-05-2008 at 07:53 PM..
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote