View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
GemmaG

Gemzar with Herceptin

Hello to all the beautiful people in this heavenly site,
My onc have had me started on Gemzar in April (or may?)with my lifetime bff Herceptin. I din't have any problem with Herceptin at all since I get it weekly. I did have a problem when I was getting it every three weeks. With GEMZAR, I'm getting all th s/e like nausea, vomitting, dizziness, blurry vision, chills! mouth sores/blisters. MY left face got swollen on Monday and Tuesday. The NP saw it and she said that I have shingles?! I did not think so. They're gone anyway, goodness! But these s/e i get from GEMZAR is too much for me to handle. I get Aloxi for anti-nausea thru IV, DEcadron thru IV for premeds and Emend the three day pills
After Tacol/Herceptin didn't do much, then TYKERB/XELODA didn't do the trick, Navalbine/Herceptin stopped working after six months.
Now it's the Gem! I have an early chemo tomorrow Gemzar/Hercp. I get it 2 wks on and 1 wk off. I so hope that it will not make me very sick this time.

BTW, for the get together-- Vegas or Reno sounds fun! I lived in Reno for 6 six yrs. my children were born in Reno.
Dx July03 at 35
Rt,breast lump.,1 node+
ER+(98%)ER-, grade3
A/C 4rounds,Rad for 38 days
Tamoxifen 2004-05
Recurrence Feb.2006, radi double mastectomy canceled bec. of mets, StageIV lungs mets
Her2+++, BRCA negative
Taxol/Herceptin six rounds of Taxol from April06.then Herceptin alone til May07. Started Tykerb/Xeloda in Jun07-Sept.07 bec of progression of the lympnodes. Navalbine/Herceptin Sept.07 to April 08 due to progression . Gemzar/Hercptin Apr08.June08 Brain MRI showed Brain Mets.CraniectomyAug.1,08, tumor removed completely
completed 20 wbrt!
Started Doxil 10/31/08 (monthly) and weekly Herceptin
Ixempra on 2/13/09
due to multiple hepatic mets
will have Herceptin as well.
Radical rt.breast Mastectomy June2009.
Ixempra/Herceptin 11/06/09--increasing right axillary lymphanenopathy and enlarging left upper lobe nodule :-(
Taxotere/Herceptin 3/5/10,more liver mets, lungs, lymphnodes. 2 weeks on, one week off...
GemmaG is offline   Reply With Quote