View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
Colleens_Husband

Tonya:

Thanks for mentioning Colleen's re-excision. It was kind and thoughtful of you. It really makes me feel like I am in a real community.

I have mixed feelings about the surgery. In one way I want clean margins, mostly to avoid another surgery. In another way, I hope that if there are more pockets of cancer in her breast, that the margins don't come back clean and there won't be a hidden time bomb waiting to go off.

It's weird. I've been saying prayers but I'm not sure what I should be praying for. Well, other than one or two years from now that Colleen will be cancer free.

Alaska Angel:

I am glad that you disagreed with me on what makes a good oncologist. If we can keep personalities out of the mix, then other people will be able to look at this thread and get a range of differing opinions. Through the difference in opinions, someone in the future may be able to discern a spark of truth.

To me, the most important thing is that someone who is considering changing oncologists gets the broadest view of what makes a good oncologist.

Lee

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold