View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #13
Ruth

Oh Chrisy

You deserve a crying day for goodness sakes! I'm drinking my favorite Mocha Grande skinny just for you....yummy.

I had a moment like that when I was getting an infusion. I always sat in the common area and talked to everyone over a private room just so the time would go faster and meet all these great folks. Plus my now ex-hubby gave up on going with me to chemo so I was usually alone. Well, I was getting my Taxol and I realized that it was the exact same date that my best friend Cheri died of rare form of cancer (adrenal cortical carcinoma) at the too young age of 32. I seemed to be in the middle of a sentence and just starting howling. No-one knew what was going on and I couldn't get it out to tell anyone. Here I was in my 30's too, getting same type of chemo (Taxol) and just feeling so very, very sorry for myself. Which I had every right too! I ended up taking my pole and finding a private room and calling another good buddy from childhood who told me all the funny jokes she could think of. Plus I admit it was fun to listen to her rant and rave on what a sorry husband I had to be there by myself.

Chrisy, you are such a special, funny, sweet lady and I LOVE reading your posts. Everyone in the office probably wanted to take your tears away! We all deserve a good cry day and it truly feels good afterwards.

Hugs ~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote