View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #18
madubois63

Thanks for all the input. I am going to try and clarify a few details and maybe you can get a clearer picture. I CAN'T have a visiting nurse come in. My insurance does not pay for it. The IV steroids would be given 12 hours apart twice a day. They wouldn't do this at my cancer center where I get all other treatments because of time constraints. They are not going to open up just for me. They'd rather have me in the hospital so that they can test for anti fungal, anti virus and anti bacterial critters that you KNOW I'm going to pick up once I step foot in that place. Because of the transplant, my rooms are ALWAYS private. The problem is the cleaning crew. Next time your in or visiting, watch...see how many times they change their gloves after scrubbing the toilet and the shower. Then watch every light switch and door knob they touch before they come in with the bucket of "clean water" and scrub your floor. As soon as they leave, I put a mask on, put new gloves and clean my own room. Then I refuse them from entering my room for several days. I change my own sheets and pray. I always end up sicker there. Its a fact! I just don't feel like going in the hospital today!!! I haven't got a call yet, so I guess I'll be the brave one and make the call....I'll keep you informed.
Thanks again!!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06