View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
madubois63

Good morning from Madame DuBois...

So on my last update, my liver function had gotten better without any treatment, but the big drop happened after I was pre-medicated for 2 days with prednisone for my allergy to CAT scan dye. My bilirubin had dropped from 9 to 2. The doc canceled the liver biopsy and I felt like my care had been dropped. I had also caught that miserable upper respiratory infection, so that kind of put things on hold too. Anyway...the bilirubin climbed again - last call it was at 10. So last week, I had a liver biopsy (no results yet) and had my fourth port-a-cath placed. My poor arm is very happy now! On Friday, the leukemia doc said they would admit me to the hospital on tuesday and start very high dose steroids for six days. Has to be IV because pills would ulcerate my stomach.

Okay, so here's my dilema...every time I go in the hospital, I get sicker. CMV will reacivate in my blood. More medications will be added. I'll pick up some funky bacteria as always. They'll add a broad spectum of antifungal and antibacterial...I'll get the stomach problems and won't eat the horrible hospital food or the unindation of take out. One week of supposed treatment for a somewhat healthy me right now will become several weeks of hospital stay that will just make me sicker. If I just take a dose of steroid pills like I was doing a few months ago aat home eating my own food and surrounded by my own life/germs, I believe this will fix the problem and keep me healthier. I want to ask for 7 - 10 days of at home steroids and if it doesn't work, then I am open to a hospital stay.

Any input or thoughts???? Thanks everyone!!!!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver