View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
kcherub

Angry Ringing in Ears--anyone, anyone?

Okay, this has been going on since last summer, and most of the time I can just deal with it...

When I am trying to go to sleep, I hear a ringing in my right ear (actually it is more of a varying "tone", and I can't explain it better than that). It started the middle of last summer, so after chemo #3. Some nights, it is something I can deal with, and fall asleep (Ativan-induced, of course). Last night, I literally thought I was going to run off into the woods screaming.

I thought it was only in our bedroom, as I didn't notice it in other parts of the house, outside, at work, etc. However, it was so bad last night that I went up to my son's room and stood in his closet. I could hear it!!! It might just be me zeroing in on it this morning, but I can hear it everywhere! If there is any other noise, I don't. I am so sorry that this is coming out so confusing!!!

You know how you hear of those people who just can't handle the hiccups, or ringing? I can totally relate to them! I just want it to stop, or at least be able to tolerate it. My grandmother and mother have been diagnosed with Miniere's Disease (I know I didn't spell that correctly), but I have not. Tinnitus (another spelling error, I am sure) can be caused by MD, but there isn't any real treatment and I have no idea how to get this diagnosed! My husband said one of the neurologists at his office would be the one to do it, but I just had an MRI in December.

So, last night was the worst. I honestly can't remember if I mentioned this to my ONC. (when it started, or at any point). I think I had too much other stuff to worry about. I thought it was stress, as the Ativan used to make it stop.

I hope none of you are having this, but I do hope that someone can offer me something!!!

Have a lovely day,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote