View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #17
Colleens_Husband

Doug:

Chemotherapy might be the most difficult thing you will ever face in your life. I have a friend who had non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He was a farmer and a logger most of his life. He is a tough man by anyone's definition. He told me that chemo kicked him on his backside and he was afraid he wouldn't get back up. That really shocked me. If this guy is saying chemo is that bad, how does anyone get through it?

If you worked in an oilfield, I am sure you paid your dues. Chemo is tough on you because there is nothing you can do about it. You just have to sit there and take it. Thats not a trait you would expect a man to be good at.

I can understand your frustration, but you can and will get through this and we will help you however we can. Just knowing that you are going to feel a whole lot better on day 11 is something you can focus on. Knowing that you only have nine or fewer real bad days is also something you can focus on. You don't have to get through all of this in one effort. Just make it through one day at a time, and when that gets tough, make it through one hour at a time. When that is tough, then make it through the moment.

You will get through this and then you can have your life back. That is how you get your revenge on cancer.

Doug, I'll be saying prayers for you.

Lee
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote