View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
madubois63

madubois63 update...

I've been going back and forth between the leukemia on and the bc onc. I've been drained of almost all my blood (not really, but it just feels that way...). Strangest thing, my eyes slowly started to clear up and my urine has become light yellow (dark urine is a big sign that something is wrong with your liver). Last week my bilirubin (liver function) was 10.2 (normal is less than one). This week my bilirubin is at 2.4!!!! Without any treatment and (thank God) no liver biopsy, my liver is fixing itself. My bc onc seems to think this may be a reaction the the Xeloda??? So, I think we are holding off on the Xeloda for a while, and I'll just take the Fasalodex and the Herceptin for now??

I am in New Jersey this weekend with my daughter. Another concert. This is a 3 day, outdoor concert with over 200 bands playing. I went to yesterdays concert, while the other mother we are with slept. Today, she went to the concert, and I spend the day at the outlet stores, in the pool and taking a long and wonderful bubble, jet bath. I even treated myself to a lovely lunch out. Tomorrow. we will all be going to the concert. There are a lot of good bands playing tomorrow. I am thrilled to be here (truly). They had me scheduled for the liver biopsy, and I did the happy dance when they called to cancel!!!

Tiptoe made her journey to Texas to be with Brenda. We had a great visit. She is starting to get very expensive to ship around with all her souviners...That's it for now. I am on the hotel's computer. Love to all...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver