View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #18
Chelee

First of all, thank you Cynthia & Gerri for the links. Now I'll get a chance to watch this program. Thank you both.

Someone mentioned Lance Armstrong having just testicular cancer which is very treatable. Don't quote me but I watched a one hr special on Lance Armstrong when I was going through chemo two years ago. So with my chemo brain I don't want anyone to hold me to anything. lol But what I remember from that one hr show is that he had testicular cancer and it had spread to his lungs and brain. So if I remember right he was in a hospital bed for a total of 3 months on a heavy dose of chemotherapy.

I just watched Lance on Larry King the other night and he mentioned how stressed he was recently because he was feeling dizzy and ran straight to his oncologists office to get checked out. So I don't think it was just testicular. As already mentioned I totally agree that I don't care for his attitude and the way he comes across when I've watched him speak. That being said I will give him credit for the money he has brought in for research and the attention he draws to cancer awareness.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote