View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Alice

I don't know if I would consider mine worse, but it has changed since stopping chemo. Mine started when I was on A/C which my onc said was unusual. After chemo was done and surgery was done I had rads, that is when it started to change. From skin peeling, tingling sensations, and nails turning black and falling off, to severe burning senations in my arms and legs, along with the tingling. At that time I started taking neurontin and it does seem to help. I just saw a neurologist for the first time 2 weeks ago. He confirmed that I have the classic stocking and glove effect, starting at my elbows down to finger tips and starting mid thigh to tips of toes. He said at this point, being off chemo since 10/05, that it would not get better, but there are some new medications on the horizon that seem to help much more. The thing that bothers me most is the fact that it interferes with me getting the right type of exercise to stave off recurrance! And I am not a couch potatoe or a whimp when it comes to physical exertion. Anyway, acording to the neurologist it is not a matter of circulation. I don't know if this helped or not. good luck.
Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote