Thread: Help..i Itch
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Help..i Itch

This has gotten ridiculous..I feel like a dog with fleas or something. This has been going on for about 3 months now. It will start with my scalp itching, then my whole body just itches. Feels like needles sometimes and if I scrach, it just makes me itch more. I have literally scratched myself till I bleed. It will last about 4 days, then go away for about a week then start up again. I went to the dermatologist and she couldn't find anything, said maybe my skin was dry but I don't think that's what it is. Don't really have any rashes. As some of you know, I had that horrible case of shingles that lasted 8 months but I never recall any itching like this. Although, through my itching..I do feel some residual nerve pain, not terribly bad though like before. I don't even know what type of doctor to go to with this,... a neurologist? Any advise or anyone had the same thing? I'm still on Hercepting but that's about it. No change in soap or laundry detergent. Is it just my nerves? ...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote