Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #157
Carol Carlson

Guess I missed this one so here goes.......
I am also a R.N. seems to be several of us here.
I've worked in various settings including hospitals, director of nursing at a nursing home, taught a nursing assistant program for the Red Cross, worked in psych and most recently worked for a large health care corp. and did nursing assessments for elderly patients in the hospitals for nursing home placement, and marketing for the same corp. My last postion before retiring 2 years ago was Marketing Director for an Assited Living facility.
I've been married to a chemist for 47 years... WOW... he worked in R&D
We have 3 children 45,43,38 and 3 grandchildren 23, 7, and 5.
I keep busy with the grandchildren and playing bridge. My passionate hobby is photography, esp. nature and the grandchildren who are such beautiful subjects !!!!
We've lived in the same house for almost 40 years and seen our town grow too fast. We live in a lovely rural community between Boston and Worcester, Mass.
Our oldest child is in a graduate program at the University of Tenn. and in Dec. will be a Nurse Practitioner in family Mental Health.
Our next child is a senior underwriter for a large insurance co. in Mass. They live about 30 minutes away... thank God, so I can see my "little ones" often.
Our youngest works for a social service agency in Worcester and lives about 30 minutes away also.
Our daughter in Tenn. comes "home " to Mass. on a regular basis and readily admits she misses " crazy" Mass. and is anxious to come back after she finishs school, though she loves going to the Smokies.
By the way,
1 daughter, 2 sons
grandchildren.. 2 grandsons, 1 granddaughter
Thanks for the opportunity to expand on my personal life.
Carol
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote