View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Mary Jo

Breast cancer has changed me in so many ways. It has taught me what life is really about. It has taught me that life is short and that leaving this world is something that will happen to each of us. It has taught me to embrace the REAL possesions a long the way and to live my life giving REAL love away. To live a life of service to others - to help other women walk this journey and to encourage and love them a long the way. It has taught me that God is awesome regardless of a diagnosis of cancer. He has brought me into close fellowship with Him and that is where I find my true rest and peace. It has taught me to prepare and get ready for the life that waits for me on the "other side." I've learned that this life is only preparation for what is to come. We can have that REAL JOY right now - because God gives that to us......regardless of the situation we are in. I've learned that what we thought was happiness or we thought was security NEVER stays that way no matter what. We can all think we'd be happier "if only" but that "if only" only turns into another "if only" so we need to take that true peace and joy our God offers us right where we are right now and live our lives relishing each moment in love and service to other people.

That's what being diagnosed with breast cancer has done for me.
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28