View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Bill

Weezie, all I can add is what Bonnie said, Nicola's treatment center provided a nutritionist to their patients, maybe yours does, too. I think most people don't take advantage of that, and I just got to thinkin', after chemo. once a week and scans, and then meeting with your onc. to discuss results, "all of you" know the drill, when do you have time or feel like making yet another appointment with a nutritionist? Having said that, I think it's supremely important, but we never took advantage of that opportunity. Maybe the nutritionist/dietician could meet with you as you arrived for chemo., I don't know. With Nicola, as soon as they gave her the premeds, boom, she was out, and her treatments would be for 4-6 hours and then she was ready to go. We never had a break from treatment, and it just occured to me, that many of you wonderful warrior women have wondered what you will do with yourselves on those days when you would normally go to chemo., only your course of treatment is done. Many have suggested, myself included, "go to a spa, go to the park that day instead, go run through the woods naked, etc.", but maybe after you do all that, you could go meet with a nutritionist/dietician. We get into the habit of going to appointments regular as clockwork, and then when we don't have to go anymore, some of us don't know what to do with ourselves, but if you just go to the n/d instead, that might be a really good thing. Keep fighting the good fight, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote