View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
kcherub

Havah...you are probably using a message group, like yahoogroups. I use one of those for my ectopic pregnancy website and list. It does work very well for groups that intermittently post, or who are not in immediate need of an answer to a question. However, it can fill up an e-mail box, and makes it hard to respond to a larger pool of people--each e-mail is generally from one person, unlike here where the thread goes on. With the thread format, many people can respond to one query. I think it also makes it easy to get a broader perspective on a query.

Sometimes when I post here (on the Her2 board), I get some responses right away, sometimes it takes a day or so. However, I do notice that if I am really, really worried about something, people post very quickly. The members here know what we are all going through, so I don't get my feelings hurt when I don't get an immediate response to my "rambling".

Try posting on the main board more often. I am sure you will get the support you deserve and need.

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote