View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
Paris

Hi TRS, Yes I take 200mg of CoQ10 thanks to advice given by some of our wonderful ladies! I also take Fish Oil and Multivitamin. I thought of stopping after the heart issues thinking it didn't do anything. But a friend said imagine what it might have been likeif I hadn't taken anything.

Yes, Jean you are right. The mind heals the body. I think being positive has helped me get through everything. And you know what? Despite all the "issues" I've had with side effects I would not change anything and at the end of the day I thank God I was diagnosed early and for herceptin. I am also thankful I pressed the doctors to find out what was wrong with me which enabled them to find the heart damage early when it is considered mild as opposed to not finding out until the damage was permanent.

Unfortunately we never really know how things are going to turn out. That's true for life in general. Cancer has taught me to be okay with living a life of uncertainty. But I certainly have more fun now than I did pre-cancer!

Hugs to you all-

Jamie
SNB Node Negative
Chemo Taxotere, Cytoxan 2/07-4/07
Herceptin Started 5/07
Exchange surgery 6/15/07
Herceptin stopped after 12 rounds due to herceptin induced cardiomyopathy
On heart meds 'til?
Age 40 at diagnosis
Cancer may have been a defining moment but it does not define me!
Paris is offline   Reply With Quote