View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
Mary Jo

Hi Amanda,
Just had to offer you encouragement and love. I, too, am a 2 + year survivor who was also a stage 2. I truly know how you feel. Reaching this 2 year mark is AWESOME as I have been told. Your greatest time for recurrence was in this time frame - or so I was told once again. I'm no expert - not by a long shot BUT I do hear you and do TOTALLY UNDERSTAND that fear and anxiety. As the others have said, it is totally normal. To be honest, I wouldn't think you normal or would wonder what is wrong with me, if you didn't feel this way.

It sounds as if you are doing truly marvelous and I am so happy for you. I ask God to give you His peace as you face your upcoming tests. No matter how positive we want to be - no matter how often we tell ourselves or tell others, "we're not afraid" - we are. We are very afraid.

So dear "sister" may God be with you as face your tests. He will be, of that I am sure. Just TRY to rest in His loving arms and as you wait (oh the hardest thing of all) may you be comforted. When you get the "all clear" may you let out a SHOUT OF PRAISE AND THANKS and go do something SUPER DUPER for yourself. In my case it would be - EAT CHOCOLATE. (I can find a number of reasons to do that.)

Love to you Amanda and once again, I ask God to cover you with His peace.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED