View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #17
Joan S.

I sure hope it's not over once you get liver mets! I have liver mets, a bone met and one on the rib. I was diagnosed 7 months after a "supposedly" clear mammogram and a month before my daughter's wedding. I was on arimidex for two months because I didn't want to lose my hair before the wedding. It didn't work. The tumor grew so much it was bruising my breast and I went on to taxol and herceptin for 9 months. My doctor said my progress on it was remarkable but I had to take a break once the neuropathy started to get worse. I have been on aromasin and herceptin for six weeks now. I feel great. I am going to ride this wave as long as I can. I love seeing my hair grow back. I am trying to be positive because I think it makes all the difference in the world. I pray a lot and I am not religious. It's amazing how something like this bring you back to G-d. The support and love of friends and family has been amazing and most of all my wonderful huband who has gotten me through this.
I was just wondering is Tykerb an option if I need a next step. Why hasn't my doctor recommended it?
Also, had a bad cold this week and I seem to feel every met. Is this normal or is it just coming back?
Can't they use gammma rays or those radio waves on the liver mets?
I feel like knowledge is power and I want to be armed.
Nobody mentions the effect of taxol on the nails. I have lost part of one toe nail and the rest of them are looking weird. However, that is really the least of it!
I pray every day that I get to see my grandchildren someday(my kids are in their twenties).
Thanks for all of your support!
Joan S. is offline   Reply With Quote