View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
Diana1993

Maryann, Your story is close to my experience with B.C. I was diagnosed in 1993 and after 5 years passed I thought I was home free. It was not the case. I've had the pleura drain, and pleurodesis done in 2001. Evidence of B.C. cells in fluid. Hysterectomey in 2003, and at this time they said nodules were everywhere and gave me a few months to live. With this news I decided to just go and have fun and for two years I danced all over the U.S. and Canada. In 2005 I had kidney stents put in and life with the stents was difficult, I decided maybe life was worth living and agreed to Taxotere and Herceptin and Aromasin. Tumors declined and retreated and the kidney stents came out. I learned in Nov. 2007 these have stopped working and now on Xeloda and waiting for Canada to approve lapatinib. I didn't qualify for the clinical trial. I have soft tissue mets and no measurable tumor is evident, only scar tissue and fuzzinessI haven't given up hope yet and I plan on doing lots more dancing. I'm off now to meet up with my San Antonio dancing friends. I will dance sore feet and all.
Hugs to all,
Diana
Diana1993 is offline   Reply With Quote