View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
Mary Jo

..................and thank you both

................ Debbie and Maryann for those interesting, informative and thought provoking posts. I loved them and agreed with both of you (just call me Mrs. StraddleThe Fence ) ........... seriously, I truly do understand both points of view.

I am a 2 year 7 month survivor. I have not had a recurrence and do not get routine scans or markers. I have had scans when symptoms warranted. To date I have had PET/CT, abdominal CT and a colonoscopy thrown in for good measure. So far so good - NED!

I understand the "fear based" way of living with frequent scans for the "peace" of knowing you have not had a recurrence - that would be me - but I also understand the "knowing what I know now" mentality. Although I have not fallen into that group, I know that if I ever do I will probably think that way because that's me. Not only "Mrs. Straddle The Fence" but also "Mrs. Control Freak!"

As I stated in another post about supplements and the like, it's all a crapshoot to me. It's becoming clearer and clearer everyday that there is no right or wrong. Most often it's about what is right for each of us personally. As our cancers are all different, so are our personalities. We all need different things and we all handle things in different ways.

Well, anyway, just wanted to chime in to say "thanks" for such well written, thought provoking posts. I haven't read such interesting posts in a long, long time.

Hugs to you guys.....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06